07 Aug Changing The Air In Your Home
The air we take in when home and out-and-about is vital to our everyday health. The pollution outside is caused by the simplest of human activities and the ‘fresh air’ you take in may not always be the best. A great way to get a jump start on cleansing the air you breathe is right within your home! Your lungs are what give you the power to run that extra mile that you strive to effortlessly complete, so why not change the air you breathe? There are numerous plant species that are scientifically proven to cleanse and take care of the air in your home. Take a look at five great houseplants that are known for improving air quality below!
- The Peace Lily – Not only is this plant beautiful and eye catching, it is wonderful at removing the three most common pollutants: formaldehyde, benzene, and trichloroethylene. It’s the greatest triple threat!
- The Snake Plant- This blade-like plant is great at filtering the everyday chemicals that can easily be found in your home. The chemicals found in toilet paper, tissues, and other toiletry products are rid of by this nifty plant!
- Chrysanthemum- Looking to add a pop of color to your home and filter the air? This flower is the perfect multitasker and does not require much upkeep. The potted plant does well at filtering out the chemical found in glues, paints, detergents, and plastics. This colorful plant is great for a family with on-the-go tikes!
- The Bamboo Palm- This plant is sturdy and tall! While remaining elegant and adaptive, it is extremely effective at removing formaldehydes found in furniture. Place the plant in your living room or bedroom; perfect as a focal point!
- Rosemary- This culinary powerhouse is not only great in the kitchen; it is a great air-purifying plant as well! It holds antimicrobial properties making it a great choice for cleaning the air in your home.
Do you have a house plant that keeps your home cleansed? Share it with us on Facebook! Continue to check our page for updates on the 2018 Cooper River Bridge Run and more creative ways to keep fit and active!