04 Aug How To Create The Perfect Playlist
You’ve done everything you can think of to prepare yourself for the upcoming race except make the perfect playlist to get you to the finish line. Whether you are running for speed or distance, the music you listen to throughout the race can affect your performance tremendously. Follow these steps to make that killer playlist that will keep you moving!
- Using your favorite genre of music, pick out the songs that you find to best boost your mood.
- Determine what kind of BPM you are looking for. (BPM stands for beats per minute)
- Find the songs that fit your pace and distance using the BPM that you’ve chosen and continue to add to your playlist.
If you’re not the kind of person who can easily make a perfect playlist, there are many apps you can download to help you stay at the pace you need to accomplish your goal! Here is a list of some great workout music apps that will give you that boost you need.
- Spotify– With the workout playlists available on Spotify, the app works with you to find your tempo and match your pace. How awesome is that?
- Pandora– Specially made playlists have been put together for every genre you can imagine; creating a more enjoyable and energetic race suited to your personal liking! You can help Pandora customize the playlist by sharing your opinion of the songs on the station by liking or disliking a song that plays.
- Fit Radio– Created to keep you motivated no matter how many the miles, Fit Radio gives you the ability to choose your favorite genre of music and will select the best high energy songs to push you all the way to the finish line!
- Spring– Matching your motion to the music, Spring uses technology that gives you the power to design your own interval training playlist. Using GPS to track the basics of your speed and distance, each song you listen too will assist the app in creating a more personalized playlist as it discovers which songs really keep you moving!
- RockMyRun– Using tempo to keep up your endurance, the app will take note of the pace in each step and match the music to your movement. Mixes of specific BPM are created so you can keep in time with the goal you set. You’ll no longer have to worry about long pauses and having that one out of place song pop up in the middle of your run, how convenient!
We hope these tips and tricks were helpful in creating or finding the ultimate racing playlist. Continue to check our page for updates on the 2018 Cooper River Bridge Run and more creative ways to keep fit and active!