09 Oct Have A Healthy Halloween!
Halloween is a time for haunted hayrides, pumpkin carving, spooky costumes and sweet treats! It seems as if candy is behind every door and it becomes hard to steer clear of the sugar-packed snacks. There’s no need to worry about what to bring to the neighbors Halloween party after looking at these easy, innovative, sweet Halloween treats! Take a look at these spooky recipes below.
- Tangerine Pumpkins – Not only are these healthy, they are adorable and are sure to WOW anyone who sees. All you need is 1 celery stalk, 1 tangerine, and an orange peeler to make it perfect! Peel the tangerines skin while keeping the tangerine intact and place the celery stem in the center of the tangerine and there you have it; a palm-sized pumpkin!
- Cocktail Candy Corn – Dress your snack up for the occasion with little to no effort! By layering diced pineapple, oranges and a sweet whipped cream topping in a small cocktail glass you’ll have the perfect replica of a Candy Corn!
- Apple Peanut Butter Teeth – Sweeten up these red apples with a full row of marshmallow “teeth” held In place by creamy peanut butter! First, you’ll need to core the apple, then spread peanut butter on one side of each slice. Once completed, arrange a line of mini-marshmallows on half of the slices and finish the final look by placing another slice on top of the row of teeth. Who wouldn’t want to chomp down on one of these bites?
- The Perfect Pumpkin Seeds – Don’t toss your pumpkin seeds after carving your masterpiece! Save them for something delicious. You’ll need ½ tsp of Lawry’s seasoned salt, ½ tbsp. of olive oil, and all of the seeds from your pumpkin! Rinse the pulp off of your pumpkin seeds, then soak your seeds in a bowl of water for 30 minutes. Don’t forget to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place on baking sheet and toss the seeds in the olive oil and sprinkle with Lawry’s seasoned salt. Cook for 40 minutes and check the seeds every 10 minutes to make sure they are not burning. Enjoy!
- Halloweeno Jalapeno Popper Mummies – Dare to be different with these quick and easy handheld treats! You’ll need 10 jalapeno peppers, 8 ounces of fat free cream cheese, 8 ounces of shredded pepper jack cheese, 1 package of refrigerated crescent rolls, 2 beaten eggs. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and in a small bowl mix the cream cheese, pepper jack cheese and salt until well blended. Roll out the crescent rolls and separate into four rectangles. Cut the jalapenos in half and fill with the cheese mixture. Wrap the jalapenos with the dough and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until perfection!
Do you have a go-to Halloween trick or treat up your sleeve? Share it with us on Facebook! Check out our page for updates on the 2018 Cooper River Bridge Run and more creative ways to keep fit and active!