2. Overall size should not exceed 30 x 30 inches — suggested is 20 x 30, mounted on foam core. Vertical orientations (where the overall width is smaller than the overall height) are recommended — keep in mind the proportions of a T-shirt). Please call/email (see below for info) for clarification on any exceptions.
3. The artist / designer may choose to include the following text within or around the image area:
a. “37TH Annual”, b. “Cooper River Bridge Run”, c. “10 K” d. “April 5, 2014”, e. “Charleston, SC”. We recommend omitting all text — with the understanding that the Bridge Run (in consultation with artist) will add text into or around the entry for the purposes of the T-shirt and Poster. Sign and attach entry form.
*Drop-off Monday through Friday 10 AM -5 PM until July 1st 2013 OR Sunday, June 30, 3-6 PM at the CRBR Store, or if out of town, ship to CRBR at 716 South Shelmore Blvd. #105, Mt. Pleasant 29464 (near Bi-Lo & ION)
*Jury to meet late July. Display of all work, awards and reception for all the artists will be in August. (date TBA; all entrants will receive an invitation in the mail. Note: The winning Artist will be contacted by telephone by August 1st, all others will be invited to the reception by mail and/or email.
Smith said, "Our hearts and prayers go out to the runners, families, the city of Boston and everyone affected by the tragedy yesterday. It's a sad day for all of us." Smith posted a similar statement on the official CRBR Facebook page yesterday to more than 16,800 fans.
The Cooper River Bridge Run has been actively engaged in heightened security measures for over 12 years to solidify the safety of its participants, spectators and Lowcountry residents.
"We want to assure everyone that we have, and will continue, to focus on preventative measures to keep our participants safe," Smith said. "Safety is our top priority. We will be reviewing our security measures to ensure that we have the very best possible plan in place and will make any necessary enhancements,” added Smith.
In the wake of the Boston Marathon, the topic of expanded security and precautionary planning has been added to the top of the agenda for the upcoming annual CRBR retreat scheduled for June.
"We work together with the police departments in Mount Pleasant and Charleston as well as appropriate County, State and Federal authorities each year to ensure our streets, event venues, waterways and our bridge is safe and will continue to do so," said Smith.
The Music Initiative and The CRBR have curated 24 bands, representing over a dozen of genres of music along this year's route. Based on the terrain and the difficulty along the course, live bands (selected based on tune, tempo, and style) will serenade you approximately every quarter mile. We have filled the race with more music per square mile than any other race in the country.
The Official Cooper River Bands CD, RUN WITH ME, is out and available for purchase
http://www.themusicinitiative.com/store/, and will also be available at The Expo on Thursday and Friday.
media sharing. Results. And much much more....
Download the Cooper River Bridge Run app for FREE on your Apple or Android powered phones. If you downloaded it last year, be sure to update it, for the current 2013 information. You'll get all of the Cooper River Bridge Run weekend events, local restaurant deals, race news, course maps, information, and more right in the palm of your hand! PLUS Detailed Upgrade for $1.99 to get all premium features including:
Runners: -Set your goal time so spectators can estimate your location until you reach the first split on the course. -Auto-post your split and finish times to Facebook and Twitter on race day.
Tracking: -View any participant's estimated location along the course route based on their goal time and real-time splits. -View start times, splits, and final results for any participant.
Live: -View the event leaderboard in real-time
as the leaders cross the splits. -View real-time announcements such as the countdown to the offical start and other updates during the event.
Results: -Get your results right after you cross the finish line in the palm of your hand. -View your gender, age group and overall rankings.
Mid 2010, Jason Connelly and Keith Hirsch launched The Jason Connelly Band, a sound caught somewhere in between the old sounds of the late and great Ray Charles and the new sounds of the soulful, yet modern, Ray Lamontagne.
In April 2012, The Jason Connelly Band added Ben Kriff, a dynamic lead player with rock and blues roots. Ben’s soulful leads and Keith’s harmonizing and explosive percussion paired with Jason’s unmatched voice that ranges from full on gospel to funk, soul, and country all wrapped up in one creates what we know today as The Jason Connelly Band.
We're talking bands on the bridge, the costumes, the Kenyans, and of course, the best 10K of your life! Click here for more information and see you on April 6!
January 2,2013 - Charleston, SC- The Music Initiative is thrilled to announce its partnership with 2013 The Cooper River Bridge Run. We begin our search for 20 bands to perform along the 10K race route. Stages will be located roughly every 1/3rd of a mile throughout the length of the race, extending from Mt. Pleasant Coleman Bi-Lo to Marion Square!
Musicians have always been a part of the race, but this year the race will be musically curated to help the runners reach maximum adrenaline levels. We would appreciate your help in announcing and soliciting musicians for this exciting new addition to the Cooper River Bridge Run.
- Each band will be given the opportunity to perform in front of 40,000 Cooper River Bridge Run participants.
- Each band will have a profile feature in the Cooper River Bridge Run email blast which reaches over 100,000 individuals.
- Each band will be featured on the Cooper River Bridge Run website as well as multiple other social media sites.
- Each band will be featured in some capacity on 105.5 The Bridge as a “Bridge Run” artist, as well as be promoted via their website and other social media sites.
Each band will be featured on the map of the race course, helping guide participants and spectators to each stage throughout the course.
- Copies of the CD on which each band will have a song featured will be available at different distributors throughout the city of Charleston, as well as at the Expo for two days which has an expected crowd of up to 80,000 people!
- Each band will be featured as part of the music video of the Bridge Run that will be released following completion of the event.
Due to the magnitude of the event, certain application restrictions do apply.
- Only those bands made up of duos, trios, or foursomes should apply.
- Only upbeat genres/ tempos will be accepted. Bands will be performing to roughly 40,000 runners, thus it is of vital importance that their music be energetic and uplifting so as to provide those participating, as well as those looking on, with the most positive atmosphere possible!
- Each band will need to be able to be present on April 6th from 6am to 11am. Within these time frames, some bands will play earlier and finish earlier; some bands will play later and finish later. Everyone must be available for the full 5 hours.
- Each band will need to provide their own PA system.
- Each band must be able to play a combination of covers songs and original tunes.
Stipulations that should be considered before applying.
- Each band must be willing to record one song for a compilation cd that will be sold both online and in stores. 105.5 The Bridge will be a presenting supporter of the cd.
- Each band must be available sometime between January 15 and Feb 6 , 2013 for a live recording/ filming session of the song they choose.
- Each band must submit at least 2 original songs with their application to be used for consideration purposes.
- Each band must submit an additional 2 songs to be included in a playlist that will be created for the runners to help them with their pacing pre-race.
- Each band must submit a 50 word bio, 1-2 press photos, and a link to their best video.
Submit 2 songs by January 15, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be compensation for each band’s time and performance.
We hope you will join us to make this the best Cooper River Bridge Run yet! Let's put Charleston on the map for music!
For additional information:
Becca Finley, 843-819-7811, email@example.com
The Music Initiative
To some of you, running a 10k race is as common as coffee in the morning, but for others, crossing the finish line of your first 10k race, is a monumental accomplishment. If you register before January 15, 2013, your first name will be printed on the front of your bib. Celebrate your success by framing your custom bib along with your finisher's photo* after the race.(* finishers photos are available from www.IslandPhoto.com after the event)
2013 Cooper River Bridge Run is
The race will be capped at 40,000 entries
(38,500 Regular Entries and 1,500 $150 Charity Connection Entries)