13 Nov Top Five Winter Running Socks
The cold weather has swept over the Lowcountry and the temperature continues to drop lower day by day. Don’t let the change in weather keep you from getting your daily workout completed! Stay warm from head to toe by wearing the right socks. If your feet get too cold or wet, you could be at risk for frostbite. Take a look at our pick of the top five winter running socks below!
- Drymax Cold Weather Running– These socks are perfect for keeping moisture out of your socks and keeping your feet dry. The layer of Drymax fiber insulation was added along the front of the sock, since that area gets coldest due to wind chill. Keep your feet warm and dry effortlessly!
- Thorlo Thick Cushion Running Crew Sock – These socks feature maximum fitness density padding for better durability, as well as protection against shock and impact. The lightweight padding in the arch provides arch support and a better fit.
- UA HeatGear – The material wicks sweat and dries extremely fast! The embedded arch support not only reduces fatigue but also makes for a comfortable fit. There’s a bonus to these socks as well! The HeatGear socks are made with anti-odor technology to prevent the growth of odor-causing microbes. Protect your feet in every way possible!
- Pearl Izumi ELITE Wool Sock – Its Elite Transfer merino wool not only insulates your feet from cool conditions, but also actively wicks moisture off its surface to promote a dry, comfortable feel. Mesh ventilation at the top prevents your feet from overheating and soaking in perspiration.
- Smartwool PhD Run Light – These ankle socks aren’t only easy to hide within your shoe but they also are made of wool and will keep your feet dry and warm without hesitation!
Do you have a go-to pair of winter running socks? Share them with us on Facebook! Check out our page for updates on the 2018 Cooper River Bridge Run and more creative ways to keep fit and active!