Cooper River Bridge Run 10K is point to point, from Mt. Pleasant to downtown Charleston. Race starts at 7:25 AM. To qualify for participation: You must have a verified 10K finish of under 45 minutes. Push rim chairs only, no handcycles at this event.
Event details and schedule
- Join us for the 2020 Cooper River Bridge Run Wheelchair Division.
- This event is like no other in elite hospitality. Our sponsors provide accommodations and transportation. As well as pre-race and post-race opportunities to socialize with other racers and eat local cuisine.
- The competitive wheelchair division abides by WTFUSA rules and follows the 10K course point to point, from Mt. Pleasant to downtown Charleston. We ask all racers provide written/ e-file verification of an official 10K finish under 45 minutes within the last year to qualify for this event. E-files can be sent to Matthew Porterfield- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited number of 2 night hotel accommodations are being provided to athletes through March 15th.
- Athletes and/or team that make hotel and transportation arrangements- that are a “no show/ no call” by 4/2/2020 will be financially responsible for charges that occur.
- Hotel address: Wyndham Garden Inn :1330 Stuart Engals Blvd. Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 Phone: 843 352 5100
- Airport Pick up: Available upon request.
- Packet Pickup & Pre-race Dinner: Friday, April 3th, 5:30 pm.
- Light meal provided. Attendance is highly encouraged to get last minute details for the event.
- There will be no race day registration or packet pick up!
Race day information:
- The division provides transportation to and from the event for athletes, families and volunteers.
- Race day pickup- Hotel Conference Room Lobby at 5:00 am.
- The race start at 7:25, staging at 7:10.
- Everyday chairs will be taken to the finish line/ staging area.
Enjoy the post-race party and awards at 9:30 am in Marion Square. Awards and prize money will be given out at awards ceremony. Top finishers in each division must be present at awards.
Prize purse as follows:
*IRS Form 990 will be required.
*GC-Gift card- age restrictions by USTFA
- The division athletes, families and volunteers typically return to hotel immediately following awards ceremony.
- As an added bonus: An elite luncheon on the waterfront is offered to interested athletes at 1200 pm. Group transportation will be arranged.
If you have any questions, please contact don’t hesitate to contact us. See you soon in Charleston!
-Kim Aquino, CTRS/ PMR
CRBR Wheelchair Division Coordinator