Runners and walkers, please be aware that you will be allowed to park your vehicle overnight Friday, April 1, from 5pm until 2pm Saturday, April 2 in the following garages for a $5 fee!
City Parking Garage Special: Rates for Participants – $5
This rate only applies to the following 3 parking garages:
- Visitor’s Center Parking Garage
- Aquarium Garage on Calhoun Street
- 34 St. Philip St. (Special Note: The fee will be collected at all garages upon entering the facilities.)
ROAD CLOSURES/ Charleston
FRIDAY, April 1
- George Street between King Street and Anson Street will be closed at 10:00 PM on Friday, April 1, until 2:00 PM Saturday, April 1
- Meeting Street between George and Wentworth will close Friday, March 31, at 10:00 PM. Traffic re-opens on Saturday, April 1, following Finish Line cleanup, near 2:00 PM. Society St and Wentworth St remain open.
SATURDAY, April 1
- Calhoun Street between Meeting to Anson Street will be closed to all traffic 12:00 AM to 2:00 PM; residential limited traffic only until 4:00 AM when the road will be closed entirely.
- Calhoun Street, between King and East Bay Street, closes at 4:00 AM until 2:00 PM or CPD re-opens.
- Hutson Street between King and Meeting from 4:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Meeting Street from John to Wentworth closes @ 4:00 AM until 2:00 PM or CPD re-opens. [Wentworth and Society will be open until 7:00 AM unless pedestrian traffic forces early closure]
- Charlotte Street – Elizabeth to Meeting Street- from 4:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Henrietta Street – Elizabeth to Meeting Street from 4:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- George Street – East Bay Street to King Street from 4:30 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Anson Street – Calhoun to Society Street will be closed 4:30 AM to 2:00PM
- Alexander Street from Charlotte St to George Street from 4:30 AM to 2:00PM.
- Elizabeth Street – Calhoun to Charlotte Street- from 4:00AM to 2:00 PM
- Arthur Ravenel Bridge Wonderway Lane closes at 6:30AM to clear the bridge of pedestrian traffic UNTIL Bridge re-opens following the RACE.
- Race Route in the City of Charleston and support streets closes at 6:00 AM until the participants are finished and the roadways are cleaned (11:30-12:00 PM) the entire Arthur Ravenel Bridge will be closed until the participants have cleared the bridge, support staff removed, barricades removed, and the bridge cleaned of any debris.
[RACE ROUTE: MEETING STREET FROM ROMNEY TO WOOLFE & JOHN TO HASELL, WOOLFE STREET FROM MEETING TO KING, KING STREET FROM CANNON TO HASELL, WENTWORTH STREET FROM KING TO MEETING, SOCIETY STREET FROM KING TO MEETING, GEORGE STREET FROM KING TO MEETING, HUTSON STREET FROM KING TO MEETING]
- Traffic off King Street routed onto St. Philip Street from Spring Street and Beaufain Street. Traffic on Cannon St will turn at St. Philip and flow north or south.
NOTE: Traffic along the Race Route in downtown will be a moving opening as participants safely complete the route and our work crews can ensure the safety of the roads of debris. Expect most roads to be open by noon. Traffic around the Finish Line, Marion Square, and the Bus Loading Area delayed until cleanup and removal of structures are completed.
ROAD CLOSURES/ Mt. Pleasant
FRIDAY, March 31, 2023
- Coleman Blvd: expect delays and congestion on Coleman Blvd as materials are put in place for the Bridge Run 9:00 AM – 4 :00 PM Saturday, April 1.
SATURDAY, April 1, 2023
- Coleman Blvd – Road closures beginning at 3:00 AM from Fairmont to Hibben
- Coleman Blvd – Road closures at 5:00 AM from Chuck Dawley Blvd to Live Oak
- Coleman Blvd – Road closure from Ravenel Bridge to Live Oak at 6:00 AM
- Ravenel Bridge closure (all) at 7:00 AM, diversion at US 17 at Houston Northcutt onto Mathis Ferry Rd all south bound traffic
NOTE: -10:00 AM – hope to open up areas along Coleman Blvd with the exception of Fairmont to Hibben (to take down starting line and restore safe passage) and Chuck Dawley (congested with bus drop off).
Ravenel Bridge – around 11:00 AM or as soon as participants and volunteers are safely off this section of the Race Course.