Push rim chairs only, no handcycles at this event.
Event details and schedule
- Join us for the APRIL 1, 2023 Cooper River Bridge Run Wheelchair Division.
- This event is like no other in elite hospitality. Our sponsors provide accommodations and transportation. As well as pre-race and post-race opportunities to socialize with other racers and eat local cuisine.
- The competitive wheelchair division abides by WTFUSA rules and follows the point-to-point 10K from Mt. Pleasant to downtown Charleston. We ask all racers provide written/ e-file verification of an official 10K finish under 45 minutes within the last year to qualify for the race. E-files can be sent to Kim Aquino at Kim.Aquino@rsfh.com
- A limited number of hotel accommodations may be provided to athletes only. While we welcome families, we cannot provide hotel accommodations. Please contact the Wheelchair Coordinator, Kim Aquino at kim.Aquino@rsfh.com, 843-724-2811.
- Hotel address: DoubleTree by Hilton Charleston Mount Pleasant 1330 Stuart Engals Blvd. Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina 29464
- Airport Pick up: Available upon request
- Packet Pickup: Friday, April 1, 2022
- Pre-Race Dinner- Light meal provided. Attendance is highly encouraged to get last minute details for the event.
- There will be no race day registration or packet pick- up!
- Athletes that make hotel and/or transportation arrangements that are a “no show/no call” by 3/25/2022 will be financially responsible for the charges incurred.
Race day information:
The Wheelchair Division provides transportation to and from the event for athletes, families and volunteers.
- Race Day transpor
- tation from Hotel Conference Room Lobby at 5:00 AM
- The race start at 7:25, staging at 7:10.
- Everyday chairs will be taken to the finish line/ staging area.
- Awards Ceremony starts at 10:00 AM in Marion Square. Awards will be given out at the ceremony, but prize money will be mailed to the winners. (W-9 must be submitted prior to the race)
- Athletes, families, and volunteers typically return to the hotel immediately following the awards ceremony.
Wheelchair Division – Awards
Overall (male & female) 1st – $1,000, 2nd – $600, 3rd – $400, 4th – $200
Masters (male & female) 1st – $500, 2nd – $300, 3rd -$200
Quad (male/female) 1st – $300
*Course Record Bonus $1,000 (Male – 22:58) (Female – 31:34)
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or Kim.Aquino@rsfh.com.
Kim Aquino, CTRS/ PMR
CRBR Wheelchair Division Coordinator